Lets see some action.
Gary Allpike
2003-02-03 18:46:01 UTC
It is interesting to note how quickly this has turned into "What is
Linux Australia going to do for me"

How about a few "What can I do for Linux Australia" attitudes from
people.

Talk is cheap. Lets see some of the repeat-psycho-whiners shut up
their whining and post some emails along the lines of "I can do this
for Linux Australia ...." - This can involve constructive criticism
accompanied by well thought suggestions for change - however
destructive comments conceived by small bitter minds are not at all
welcome.

I can make these comments because I've done, and continue to do my
bit.

regards

Gary Allpike
spice at spice.net.au

PS: Congrats to the new committee. It will be great to have some
people with the drive, vision and most importantly, time, take
control of the association and drive it in new and exciting
directions.
Jaime Hemmett
2003-02-03 19:06:02 UTC
<quote who="Gary Allpike">
It is interesting to note how quickly this has turned into "What is
Linux Australia going to do for me"
How about a few "What can I do for Linux Australia" attitudes from
people.
Thankyou Gary,

I joined this list after running for LA myself during the AGM hoping to
see a bunch of people suggesting positive movements for LA that I could
get involved in. Just let us know what needs doing, after you've had
your first meeting of course. I'm sure there's many eager to get on
with it.

J.
Daniel Stone
2003-02-03 19:17:01 UTC
Post by Jaime Hemmett
<quote who="Gary Allpike">
Post by Gary Allpike
It is interesting to note how quickly this has turned into "What is
Linux Australia going to do for me"
How about a few "What can I do for Linux Australia" attitudes from
people.
I joined this list after running for LA myself during the AGM hoping to
see a bunch of people suggesting positive movements for LA that I could
get involved in. Just let us know what needs doing, after you've had
your first meeting of course. I'm sure there's many eager to get on
with it.
Indeed. My main offering is to write up a full policy proposal, complete
with flourishing details, on absentee votes, etc, all done by GnuPG, and
based somewhat on the very successful Debian model. Obviously year 12 is
a little bit demanding on my time, but I'll try and do it when I can.

:) d
--
Daniel Stone <dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne
Just to clarify, for anyone who joined the list after my original
AGM post, the new (current) committee comprises of:

President
Pia Smith
Vice President
Stewart Smith
Secretary
Andrew Cowie
Treasurer
Anand Kumria
Ordinary Members
Hugh Blemmings
Leon Brooks
Andrew Tridgell

And, for those that weren't aware, the former committee (consisting of
the entire LA membership at the time of 5 people) comprised of:

Former President
Anand Kumria
Former Vice President
Terry Dawson
Former Secretary
Daniel Patterson
Former Treasurer
Anand Kumria
Former Ordinary Members
Robert Thomson
Gary Allpike

This may provide better perspective of where people are coming from
when they post something.

Cheers,
Rob
Post by Jaime Hemmett
<quote who="Gary Allpike">
It is interesting to note how quickly this has turned into "What is
Linux Australia going to do for me"
How about a few "What can I do for Linux Australia" attitudes from
people.
Thankyou Gary,
I joined this list after running for LA myself during the AGM hoping to
see a bunch of people suggesting positive movements for LA that I could
get involved in. Just let us know what needs doing, after you've had
your first meeting of course. I'm sure there's many eager to get on
with it.
J.
Robert
--
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
-- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Daniel Stone

[...]

<quote who="Gary Allpike">
Gary Allpike